I am a software developer from Romania who is always eager to learn new things. I'm highly passionate about computers and look forward to contributing to interesting projects.
Teaching Assistant at the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of BucharestFebruary 2023–June 2023
Held seminars and laboratories for the Object-Oriented Programming and Advanced Algorithms courses.
Teaching Assistant at the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of BucharestOctober 2022–January 2023
Held laboratories for the Signals Processing course.
Software Analyst at the University of BucharestNovember 2021–October 2022
Analysed, designed and implemented software solutions for the benefit of the University.
- Integrated the university's institutional account system with the eduGAIN interfederation service by configuring an instance of the Shibboleth IdP.
- Maintained and expanded the in-house university admission app, adding support for a customizable candidate classification system together with a custom DSL for configuring admission grade computation.
Teaching Assistant at the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of BucharestFebruary 2022–June 2022
Held seminaries and laboratories for the Advanced Algorithms course.
Assistant Software Analyst at the University of BucharestNovember 2020–October 2021
Analysed, designed and developed software solutions for the students and employees of the University.
- Led the implementation of a modern intranet using Microsoft Sharepoint.
- Refactored and extended the admissions app, written in Ruby on Rails.
- Designed and implemented a rooms and schedules management app using ASP.NET Core and React.
Junior Researcher Intern at BitdefenderJuly–August 2019
Worked on data analysis and machine learning projects related to malware detection.
- Implemented anomaly detection algorithm for network traffic.
- Implemented reinforcement learning agents in an OpenAI Gym-compatible environment.
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science,
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science,
Excellent grades at software engineering courses such as object-oriented programming and algorithms and data structures, and mathematical courses such as algebra and real analysis.
„Mihai Viteazul” National College2014–2018
Graduated at the top of the intensive informatics class.
RustUsed for 5+ years
- Creator and maintainer of the uefi-rs library which makes it easy to write bare-metal kernels and hypervisors in Rust.
- Comaintainer of the packed_simd library for high-performance numerical computing. Profiled and improved the performance of the library in existing benchmarks.
PythonUsed for 10+ years
- Applied for the 2019 edition of the Eastern European ML Summer School, used Python to reproduce the results of a computer vision paper. As part of this project I published a data processing toolbox for the NYU v2 dataset.
- Wrote an LL(k) parser framework for the formal languages course.
C/C++Used for 7+ years
- Used C++ for hobby game development: the board game Gomoku, an educative space exploration game, a quad tree algorithm for efficient collision detection.
- Used C for a university project related to cryptography and pattern recognition.
- Functional: Haskell, Lisp (both Elisp and the dialect used at the ACSL contest)
- Assembly: x86, ARM and MIPS
- .NET: C#, Visual Basic (used for RPA)
- JVM-based: Kotlin (for Android app development), Java
- SQL: completed the Kaggle SQL Summer Camp 2019
- Git: Experience with Git-based workflows, maintaining repositories, reviewing code and handling merge conflicts
Docker: created container images and deployed
- Kubernetes: set up an on-prem K8s cluster using Microk8s and deployed apps to it
- Linux: Bash scripting; virtual machines with libvirt and QEMU
- LaTeX: editing school documents and research papers
- Windows and Microsoft Office Suite: ECDL certificate
Code4Romania contributorMarch 2020–2021
I used to be a regular contributor to Code for Romania's projects.
Fundraising Department Director at ASMIOctober 2020–October 2021
I was the Department Director for Fundraising at ASMI, our faculty's student association. I let the team which maintained contacts and negotiated with external sponsors from the private sector.
Design & PR Department Director at ASMIOctober 2019–October 2020
My role was to organize the activity and foster the growth of our department and its members.
Design & PR Volunteer at ASMIMay 2019–October 2019
I was a Design & PR volunteer at ASMI.
- Created digital content using tools such as Photoshop.
- Responsible for marketing the Smarthack 2019 hackathon.
- Helped with improving the association's website.
Formal Languages & Automata TutorSpring Semester 2020
Held a class where I helped first year students prepare for their Formal Languages and Automata course.
Algebra TutorWinter Semester 2019–2020
Volunteered to hold a class where I helped first year students prepare for the Algebra exam. This helped me develop my communication and teaching skills.
Robot ProgrammerDecember 2016–May 2018
Programmer in my high school's robotics team which participated in the First Tech Challenge national competition. The robot's code was written in Kotlin.
Our team was a finalist in each participating year. In our second year we won first place. I went together with the team to the global competition in Detroit.
- Smarthack 2022 — our team won the Innovation prize awarded by Autodesk for creating a low-code automation platform intended to be used in the public sector
- Sparktech Textract 2020 — our team was fifth place at this NLP hackathon
- Smarthack 2020
- HackITall 2019 — developed an intelligent shopping list app
- UiPath RPA Challenge 2019 — tried to automate PR & marketing departments
Competitive Programming Contests
- Google HashCode 2020 — our team was third place in the hub where we participated
- Informatics Olympiad — good results at city level
- C# Olympiad — second place on Bucharest
- Romanian is my native language.
- I've been learning English since kindergarten and I have a Cambridge FCE attesting C1 language level.
- I've been studying French on Duolingo for over two years, I'm around the B1 level.
- I've studied German in high school (B2 level).
- Everything else I've learned using Duolingo: Hungarian, Esperanto, Japanese, French, Spanish, Italian and Russian.
Music may not save your soul, but it will make your soul worth saving.